Thursday 10 July 2014

It's a balance ...

Sawadeekar (Hello) Sabiedeemykar (How are you?) 

So Tuesday was a day full of work ... Oh my word how we worked! But work is no fun without play :) 

Dan and Frank attacks me with paint, innocent old me for no reason, Frank pulls my hair back by my pony tail and Dan paints all over my face... 
Actually Dan has paint on his face too... you do the math! 

Had to be as brave as the boys and jump on the roof to finish the gable ... Working next to my right hand man Pastor Frank, well Frank worked while I posed for photos 

A big shout out to all the ladies and Jim who were down on the ground scraping off the render... So grateful it was them and not me so THANK YOU ALL 

Chloe begins the primer/undercoat for the first room inside the house. Dan shows her how to do it ... 
And then stands back and laughs 

Dan doing what he loves ... (First coat of the back wall) 

How many people does it take to paint a roof? 2 and Lachie for moral support! 

Chloe the trooper priming the inside ... 

Four walls completely done and the ceiling outside done and done YAY!!! 
It is looking more and more like a home everyday :) the kids are going to love it! 

While we were working on the home, Vicki, Gavin, Jack and Kiarra were working with the kids. It is so draining but so rewarding. The children are beautiful and deserve all the love in the world. 

Gav doing an awesome job teaching the preppies (teaching on the holidays, that's commitment) pay rise Gav? 

I think Vicki has found her calling ... Look at them gathering around her feet! 


So Wednesday was an awesome day :) I had the privilidge of leading Chloe Hall the most beautiful girl to recommitting her life to God! How special ... Thank you Chloe for giving me that opportunity! I think I cried more then you did. If I knew what you do now when I was 16 I would be so much more a better person. 
Don't ever forget ... Exodus 15:2 
“The Lord is my strength and my defense he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him." Love you! 

Later that day we got to go to the Elephant Sanctuary... We went on an elephant ride, posed with some elephants, watched a show and Dan got his bananas stolen, even after Frank told us multiple times to watch our bunches of bananas because the elephants are cunning. No joke, Dan said, "I wanted to fight that elephant!" Haha 













Dan orders a big bowl of chips, this is what he ends up with ... A salad bowl worth of chips! The staff laughed so much haha 

Before we could leave the restaurant a big Monsoon hit the town, Chloe was excited ... And we all got saturated! 

So wet in fact I picked up the towel that was in the back of the truck and wrapped it around my shoulder and massive rat sized cockroach crawled under my arm and on my foot, I was so brave I didn't scream at all or pick my feet go so it wouldn't run onto my feet again ... This event resulted in 
"There was an old woman who swallowed a fly" sing a long on the ride home. 

The night Ended with Jungle Speed ... This game is so dangerous - I do not recommend it to wimps lol my thumb nail got half bent back, thanks Lachie!!! 

Good night everyone I hope you enjoyed reading my blog I had to leave a few things out as we have a motto here in Thailand ... 

WHAT HAPPENS IN THAILAND STAYS IN THAILAND !!! 

God richest blessings on you all 

Karmyn xoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment